|Date Posted:||Aug 18|
|Wage:||$65,000 - $70,000 DOE|
CLIENT: Manufacturer of housewares
LOCATION: Sugar Land, TX
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY/RATE: $65,000 - $70,000 DOE
As a member of our client’s in-house design team, you will create artwork related to client’s items as they appear in packaging, labels, catalogs, advertising, and trade shows, etc. as well as in-house materials while working closely with members of all departments. The Graphic Designer will collaborate with the creative team in innovative design and photography that synergizes our brand through look and feel.
• Manage all aspects of graphic design to include packaging, marketing and promotional initiatives that help promote our products and create a cohesive, consistent, and recognizable brand statement.
• Design and build quality consumer products from research through production, working closely with cross-functional teams.
• Work independently and with teams (technical teams and cross-functional teams) to create designs.
• Solicit design feedback from team members to improve upon design; submit to management for approval.
• Approach design process holistically to include user research, competitive products, data-driven insights, market trends, eliciting team buy-in and rigorous iteration which enables you to prioritize and execute effectively.
• Find new and innovative ways to create and design packaging and signage by staying up to date on emerging market trends (colors & style, competitive analysis, customer feedback, technologies etc.) as well as by collaborating with other departments.
• Clearly articulate your design decisions. Share your work with the team to get feedback for best possible design outcome.
• Identify and refine problems to solve; facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates.
• Work with cross-functional team, establish customer needs, translate needs into product requirements, validate ideas, and verify design output meets design input.
• Create packaging design for both individual items and large, branded programs.
• Develop the overall look or style of packaging, advertising, trade show booths, and internal signage.
• Work with Sales team to develop an artistic approach and style for presentations and final packaging; present concepts/ designs to management and sales team.
• Prepare for sales presentations by building sample boxes, posters, and custom materials as needed.
• Supervise and work with vendors as needed.
• Oversee photoshoot production.
• Perform extensive digital editing / post production work on photography (including clipping images, color correcting, manipulation and in some cases, digitally creating new product images where none exist) and prepare images for different deliverables (digital & print).
• Collaborate with Product Development to come up with new ideas for product, colors / features/ markings, etc.
• Collaborate with Packaging Engineering to create unique designs and to align visual graphics with physical structures.
• Attend and/or manage press checks for quality/ color consistency.
• Develop detailed timelines, and keep projects on budget and on time.
• Prepare files for production.
• File and organize digital data.
• Perform other duties as assigned, based on workload and business need.
• A minimum 5 years’ in a collaborative design environment.
• Ability to show work and accomplishments through a portfolio.
• A strong foundation in typography, color, composition, etc.
• An inspired, creative thinker with well-organized ability to manage their own tasks and build their own career.
• A perpetual student of styling, process, technology, and art.
• Expert in print production.
• Strong understanding of project execution and practical applications of creative work.
Knowledge and interest in integrating graphic design with the product development process.
• Able to translate ideas into visual concepts.
• Proficient Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photo Shop and InDesign).
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
• Able to analyze market data and trends and translate these into new and innovative packaging approaches.
• Proven leader with a standard of excellence in creativity and technical expertise.
• Value innovation, forward-thinking design and a work environment that promotes cooperative effort.
• Creative problem-solver with the ability to create consensus from diverse perspectives.
• Ability to collaborate with team members from all disciplines; inspire others with your ideas, passion and work ethic.
• Self-directed and knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, and influencing others.
• Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders.
• Superior organizational and time-management skills - diligent and detailed-oriented.
• Capable of establishing and maintaining good working relationships across departments.
• Must possess a high degree of commitment and professionalism and be flexible and willing to give and accept input and constructive criticism.
• Able to be on your feet for long durations.
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Comfortable operating power tools and equipment including, laminating machine, heat gun, glue gun, heat sealer, barcode scanner, hammers/ screw drivers, shrink band machine, die-cut table.
• May require occasional travel for press checks, sales presentations and trade shows.
• Able to work flex schedule (including Saturdays) and/or OT as needed on special projects.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.