|Date Posted:||Aug 9|
|Wage:||$95,000 - $110,000|
TITLE: Global IT Offshore Field Support
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $95,000 - $110,000
The Global IT Offshore Field Support oversees the IT offshore client infrastructure (computer hardware, software, and communications) and other technology-related activities supporting Global offshore operations. This position will respond to guidance from Sr Manager - IT Field Support on matters of standardization, compliance, and support for the Global offshore IT perspective on priority for technology-related activities.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Global offshore IT organization.
- Contributes to the development of technology standards for hardware, software, and related processes from offshore related communications.
- Complies with established technology standards.
- Coordinates the design, development, acquisition, implementation, and disposal of computer hardware, software, and communications solutions for Global IT.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of technology equipment and software.
- With limited direction and support from the Manager – Global IT Infrastructure and Corporate IT, individual installs, configures, and troubleshoots server hardware, software, and as able, communications equipment; also provides LAN administration and periodic maintenance services for hardware and software.
- Preps, Installs, and configures personal computers; troubleshoots PC hardware issues.
- Coordinates the repair or replacement of personal computer hardware and server hardware; will coordinate the same for communications equipment with direction from Sr Manager.
- Aids, guidance, and communications to other departments, offices, and rigs for the resolution of software, hardware, or operations issues.
- Provides on-call assistance for critical, technology-related issues.
- Provides support and management of server virtualization technologies such as VMWare, HPE Simplivity
- Monitors, and where appropriate manages, LAN operations including backups and restores, connectivity problems, and user/access management using Microsoft AD.
- Builds and maintains the appropriate technology vendor relationships.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of technology, hardware, and systems; research information technology to remain current with technology and trends.
- Maintains regular and consistent communications with both the Manager – Global IT Infrastructure
- Developing new IT methods and solutions for the business
- Reporting issues, advances made, and other important information to stakeholders.
- Acquire and maintain certifications necessary for offshore travel.
- Collaboration with internal IT teams
- Collaboration with the VSC
- Collaboration with vendor manage services
- Ability to review customer tenders and provide budgetary estimate to meet requirements
- Level 2 support with ability to identify root cause of the issue (Network, Comms, Apps, Server…) before handing over to appropriate team
- Must be willing to complete HUET Training
- 3+ years’ experience with offshore related communications such as satellite and LTE technologies.
- 3+ years’ experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating systems
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Office+
- Analytical mindset and self-learning and problem-solving aptitude.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer hardware, Microsoft desktop operating systems and peripheral equipment such as printers, drivers, monitors, keyboards, and scanners.
- Thorough knowledge of Intel-based servers and Microsoft Windows Server.
- General understanding of Linux operating systems and administration.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and configuration.
- Thorough knowledge of Local Area Network fundamentals including administration, architecture, and interoperability.
- Thorough knowledge of IP networking fundamentals including routing protocols, addressing, and name resolution (such as DHCP, and DNS).
- Working knowledge of wireless communication systems such as VSAT, LTE, Wimax and other radio frequency technologies
- Thorough understanding of networking hardware such as Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Aruba.
- Thorough understanding of server virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Thorough understanding of software distribution systems such as LANDesk, SCCM.
- General understanding of IP-based telephone systems.
- Basic project management skills for managing concurrent projects and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to independently, and in conjunction with other analysts, perform thorough problem analysis for hardware and software.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.