|Date Posted:||Jan 28|
TITLE: Full Stack Developer | Houston, Texas
CLIENT: Energy Company
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
TYPE: Contract (W-2 candidates only)
RATE: $55/hour DOE
Full stack developer involved in the design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of small business applications using VB.NET, C# and SQL Server databases.
*** Candidates must be located within the Houston metro area***
• Interfaces with IT application owners and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Escalates or resolves conflicts, as needed.
• Understand requirements for new enhancements and incorporate them into existing application or create new application.
• Develop, unit test, system test, schedule, and create deployment scripts for small business applications.
• Communicate status and escalate issues or delays that would impact deadline as early in the process as possible.
• Provide production support of the applications, occasionally after normal work hours.
• Satisfy requests for ad-hoc reports or minor enhancements.
• Use analytics skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly.
• Support SOX controls, testing and audits.
• Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices that may be applicable to the company.
• Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and milestone time periods.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to interact with the Client, Operations team, project management team, and other team members.
• Flexibility, dedication, and team-spirit is a must
• IT experience including 5+ years of experience in Software development
• 3+ years of experience working with a source control management tool such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) or GitHub
• 3+ years of experience in SQL Server Jobs development
• 2+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL is a plus
• 2+ years of development work in a de-regulated utilities business in Texas is a big plus
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.