|Date Posted:||Apr 12|
TITLE: Facilities and Construction Coordinator
CLIENT: Global Oil and Gas
LOCATION: Galleria Area
SUMMARY: Manager needs someone with solid computer skills, who has experience in a corporate environment and who has experience with project controls. (This group does not have an admin assistant.) Being flexible, self motivated and highly organized are also important skills for this role. This person will manage construction projects for field offices and will coordinate with vendors. Must have excellent communication skills. This person will travel 3 to 4 days every 2 weeks to field offices and will work closely with 1 other person. Bachelors degree required.
The successful candidate will be tasked with the project management and implementation of projects within both the corporate office in Houston, TX and field office locations in the U.S. The individual must possess strong communication skills, be able to work collaboratively as a key team member, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible for overseeing commercial construction projects, move management, and furnishing of commercial office space.
• Provide leadership and guidance to on-site project teams.
• Independently plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate work with project team including consultants, design team, general contractor, internal client, etc.
• Review and document approvals of site safety plan/program.
• Responsible for overall project delivery (budget, schedule, quality, communication, contracts) on a large project or several smaller projects.
• Manages project development from programming through completion in accordance with program objectives and standards with oversight from Facilities Manager.
• Coordinates contracts and job orders with Global Supply Chain and ensures MSA compliance.
• Manages the review process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Facilities Manager for overall tracking and reconciliations.
• Reviews and approves construction documents for compliance
• Coordinates and attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress; issues meeting minutes.
• Resolves complex construction-related issues and disputes. Requests Senior Project Manager assistance as needed.
• Reviews project status and monitors variances of the budget and schedule. Reports variances to Facilities Manager.
• Attends furniture installations and verifies installation is complete according to approved furniture plan.
• Able to analyze lease contracts and understand general allowance provisions and work letters.
• Identifies ways to enhance value of the department and able to present ideas, opportunities, and solutions to leadership in an effective manner.
• Maintains current knowledge of local building codes, ADA requirements.
• Creates required drawings on AutoCAD.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Facilities Management, Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field required.
• 5-8 years related experience.
• Frequent travel to company job/work sites required.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
• Competent in reading and interpreting architectural and engineering construction documents.
• Ability to field verify and take precise dimensions to translate to space/site plans.
• Works equally well collectively as a key team member and independently with minimal oversight.
• Exceptional at building client relationships and excellent communication skills.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.