|Date Posted:||Jan 7|
TITLE: Events Manager
CLIENT: Global Law Firm
LOCATION: Houston, TX
SALARY: $95K - 105K
Our client is seeking an Events Manager to join their marketing team in Houston. The role will be focused on supporting the events and marketing practices. The Events Manager will work closely with the Marketing team and will report to the Associate Director of Events.
• Work with business development and key event stakeholders to define event objectives and specific needs. Recommend venues, vendors and follow best practices.
• Drive the research, selection and negotiation of contracts/agreements with all venues and suppliers. Manage relationships with local vendors to secure discounts and maintain excellent service standards.
• Work with business development and other marketing team colleagues to determine communication objectives, define approach, and develop materials.
• Lead and drive meetings with event stakeholders to ensure key decisions are made and responsibilities assigned. Provide ‘end-to-end’ management of projects, schedule post event debrief with business development counterpart.
• Develop and manage event budgets. Provide continual updates to relevant stakeholders. Ensure timely payment of all invoices.
• Lead event execution, including the planning of all event logistics, on-site support, and materials management including the coordination of event deliverables such as name badges, signage, CLE forms and giveaways.
• Actively facilitate and contribute to best practice sharing with colleagues around the firm.
• MUST HAVE: Six years of corporate event planning experience within a professional services or law firm environment.
• Expertise in negotiating contracts, RFP’s, strategic sourcing, and budget and project management.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, take initiative with all aspects of daily tasks and have the ability to coach and manage individuals assigned to each event.
• Ability to solve problems, maintain rapport, and communicate well with all levels of personnel.
Demonstrate the ability to build productive relationships with event stakeholders, colleagues and vendors and must have experience interacting with senior professionals in a manner consistent with the firm’s service expectations.
• Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• Exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills with absolute attention to detail.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and database management
• Experience with Interaction and Vuture preferred.
Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Business, Communications, Events Management or Hospitality)
ADDITIONAL “PERKS” TO CONSIDER:
Benefits include health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.