|Date Posted:||Oct 30|
|Wage:||$80,000+ DOE (Incentive Plan)|
TITLE: Business Development Director
LOCATION: Houston, TX
SALARY: $80,000+ DOE (Incentive Plan)
The Director of Business Development is responsible for the management of all strategic and operational customer relationship activities. They will need to create and implement a comprehensive business development plan to drive increased revenues, profits and markets. They will manage, train, develop and recruit sales staff in support of business goals. They will develop, coordinate and implement plans designed to increase existing business and capture new business.
• Participate in defining business development plan and quarterly goals with executive team to meet business revenue and profit goals. The business plan is for aggressive growth.
• Participate in defining measurable metrics to demonstrate success. Periodic reportable metrics will be used for compensation calculations.
o Revenue growth
o Increase in margins (from pricing perspective)
o New markets and increased client base
• Evaluate sales and marketing requirements against current staffing and requirements of new strategy. Develop required resources through training, re-organization, hiring as required.
• Drive overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization
• Execute the business growth plan.
• Manage resources to meet budget restrictions for sales and marketing for maximum effectiveness.
• Define sales processes to drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
• Market research and analysis for existing and potential expansion, competition and pricing opportunities.
• Coordinate with Operations and Administration to ensure each department is sufficiently supporting sales needs.
• Define optimal sales force structure, hire and develop sales staff. Find ways to maximize the Sales Teams’ resources
• Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement. Encourage a climate of team work and professionalism - boost moral when necessary. Install company values.
• Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
• Develop and implement short and long-term sales goals; develop a sales plan with each sales associate, review plan on a frequent basis, determine and define assistance needed for sales personnel to help them meet or exceed sales goals.
• Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
• Review current sales and marketing functions, update policies and procedures and implement new policies and procedures where necessary.
• Conduct employee evaluations, keep track of Sales Departments’ vacation/sick time and hire/terminate based on departmental needs.
• Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their targets and company goals.
• Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
• Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
• Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
• Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
• Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
• Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
• Facilitate weekly sales meetings, coordinate agenda for each meeting and promote question and solution scenarios.
• Accumulate, distribute and track sales leads.
• Oversee and handle, in conjunction with sales representative, all RFP and RFQ preparation and presentation– both re-occurring and new.
• Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
• Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
• Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
• Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
• Participation in industry conferences and networking events, identify new organizations to join or discontinue.
• Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan
• Successful experience building and growing a channel
• Successful experience selling services to corporations.
• Successful experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations
• Successful experience managing a team of 10+ salespeople
• Experience managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities
• Successful experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
• Successful experience hiring and onboarding sales representatives
• Proven experience working within a small company environment
• Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback to the corporate leadership team
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.