|Date Posted:||Apr 29|
|Wage:||$140,000 - $150,000|
TITLE: DevOps Manager
LOCATION: West Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $140,000 - $150,000
The DevOps Manager will lead a global team of DevOps Engineers serving multiple Cloud applications. The DevOps Manager will oversee the execution, design, development, and implementation of infrastructure and deployment automation in AWS. Will be involved in the automation of build, deploy, and infrastructure across cloud products. Introduce and implement best practices and new tools, growing the skills and strengths of your team.
- Looking for a chance to manage a team creating cutting-edge, scalable Cloud environments.
- Thrive in an Agile Scrum environment, with an ability to effectively manage and grow a team of seven and their deliverables across several products.
- Understanding of different version controls systems, branching strategies, and have implemented them in the lifecycle of one or more products.
- Good understanding of automation for cloud infrastructure from automating machine images (AMIs) to setting up of immutable instances and promoting code from dev to QA to Production.
- Work in close partnership with the Agile product teams that are developing SaaS applications on the cloud.
- Will play a critical role in the latest Cloud technology - compute, serverless, database, deployments, and security.
- AWS Enterprise partner, which gives direct access to AWS technical teams by Slack, email, phone, and in-person, including near-quarterly in-house visits and education sessions.
- Gain expertise directly from AWS as well as the opportunity to participate in AWS Certification program.
- Oversee your team as they design and implement efficiencies and automation within the day to day operations.
- Ensure designs result in reusable, reliable, and scalable platforms and cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure the team delivers, builds, and manages code through development and production environments by way of standard practices, tools, and automation across all cloud products.
- Champion the DevOps process and ensure strategy is implemented in the end-to-end development cycle.
- Lead onsite and offshore team members.
- Follow Agile methodology, assigning work, managing the backlog, tracking deliverables, and removing roadblocks.
- Mentor team members to expand and adapt their skillset to keep up with the need to scale products and processes.
- Will act as an escalation point for qualified service degradation incidents in non-production environments and provisioning issues.
- Will use your insights and experience to support the implementation of DevOps in CI/CD process for new and existing cloud-native products.
- Will forge relationships with team leads and architects to stay ahead of the future requirements of all the teams.
- 8+ Years of DevOps manager experience
- Experience working on the cloud either as a Developer writing applications or doing build and deploy automation and infrastructure automation.
- Experience using version control systems and implementing branching and merging.
- Have a high-level understanding of automating DevOps using scripting and AWS services like CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Automation of images through Packer or equivalent.
- Using artifactories to manage binaries with software such as JFrog.
- Build and deploy pipelines such as Jenkins or AzureDevOps.
- Configuration Management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Previous leadership experience leading software development and managing programming teams following an Agile methodology.
- Experience hiring, coaching, and developing teams. Ideally, have worked in a lead role with onsite and remote teams reporting into you.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively navigate relationships to suggest better processes and efficient implementation.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or a related field.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.