|Date Posted:||Nov 10|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
TITLE: IT Desktop Support Tech
CLIENT: Marine Shipping
LOCATION: Channelview (Must be willing to start out on a 4 day work on-site work schedule) Schedule will eventually have a chance at more remote days once projects are caught up.
Excellent conversion salary range of $75K-$85K plus great benefits package (DOE)
Title: IT Support Specialist
Responsible for providing timely computer support for all of the client's vessels and designated charter vessels
Specific duties include the following along with other tasks as assigned:
1. Review, diagnosis and resolve vessel IT requests and / or incidents in a timely manner
2. Travel to docked boat(s) via company provided vehicle no more than 10% of the time
3. Install and troubleshoot vessel PCs, routers, cabling, and associated communications equipment. Also NMEA feeds coming into PC’s.
4. Timely and accurate data entry into trouble ticketing system
5. Provide timely and accurate information and reports to management, summarizing problems and solutions.
6. Will participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support when required
The skills and experience required to successfully fill the role of Specialist – Vessel Systems are:
1. Ability to work independently and with a team
2. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple demands
3. Strong customer service skills and personal motivation
4. Solid written and verbal communication skills
5. Ability to educate vessel personnel in how to avoid / resolve similar problems in the future
6. Organized, detail-oriented and accurate
7. Ability to comprehend technical materials and train on peripheral equipment
8. Good driver with a valid driver’s license
9. Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card
10. Three (3) or more years’ experience and proficiency in desktop support
11. MUST have A+ Certification or equivalent
12. Running cable and crimping connections
13. Skilled using / troubleshooting the following:
a. Windows XP & Win 7
c. Microsoft Office
d. Upgrading and repairing PC equipment and other hardware
e. Adding memory, replacing motherboard, drives, PCI cards, air cards
f. Satellite communication & cell data devices and antennas (plus running cable)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The physical requirements required to successfully fill the role of Specialist – Vessel Systems are:
1. Strength - Ability to lift fifty (50) lbs. and carry up/down ladders and stairs.
2. Climb – Must be able to climb stairs and ladders that may have a 90-degree angle to them.
3. Confined spaces - Ability to enter work spaces (24” x 24”) and work in confined spaces for installations and repairs.
4. Range of motion – Must have a complete range of motion in order to work in confined areas which includes reaching over one’s head.
5. Physical appearance - ability to wear hard hat, safety glasses, nomex coveralls, slicker suit and steel toe boots
6. General – Must be able to endure harsh environment and work safely in environments which include extreme temperatures both hot and cold. The ability to enter and exit hatches/doorways in order to work on various equipment and quickly in the event of an emergency.
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org while we are improving our on-line application process.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.