|Date Posted:||Jun 24|
|Wage:||$30.00 - $35.00 / hour|
TITLE: Desktop Support (Level 2 or 3)
LOCATION: Central Houston
TYPE: Contract (Open Ended)
RATE: $30.00 - $35.00 / hour
The Desktop Support Analyst will provide 2nd and 3rd level technical support to business end users to meet business objectives within global and regional parameters. This position is diverse in nature and requires technical experience with a broad based knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, mobility solutions, application software, and scripting languages. Works to solve operational problems, support initiatives and develop solutions with global and regional IT groups, business units, and vendors.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 proximity desktop support for internal customers
- Activities include the following:
- Workstation provisioning
- End-user training
- End-user application installation and troubleshooting
- Video conference room meetings setup assistance,
- iPhone provisioning
- Deployment, and troubleshooting
- Inventory management and equipment moves between staging, production, inventory, and graveyard locations; ad-hoc activities as required.
- Participate in and/or lead workstation deployment projects on-site in North, Central, and South America.
- Perform Identity and Access Management activities including user setup and enrollment (badge provisioning, certificate provisioning, Active Directory account creation, Active Directory group management, File Server ACL management, and Exchange mailbox provisioning).
- Assist in the development and participate in and/or lead Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes.
- Availability to travel to Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity sites for user support in the event of a Disaster affecting the Houston office.
- Develop and maintain internal Client Service team process and procedure documentation to be used by Level 2 and Level 3 technicians.
- Ensure all customer supported assets (i.e. workstations, printers, iPhones, etc.) are entered and updated inside the internal CMDB tool. Reconcile reports with existing physical inventory.
- Manage workstation patch and RFC campaigns utilizing Microsoft’s SCCM tool.
- Participate to internal Client Service and Service Management process improvement projects as required.
- Participate to internal Client Service on-call rotation.
- Excellent English speaking and writing proficiency required.
- Travel Required two days a week
- Minimum 5+ yrs relevant experience in an end user support environment
- PC hardware
- Microsoft operating systems
- Office automation software
- Productivity tools
- File/folder security
- Active Directory user and computer management
- Networking essentials
- Strong knowledge and skill set in supporting Vista/Windows 7 with a thorough understanding of the OS and its interaction with applications and services such as:
- Offline Files
- Distributed File System
- Active Directory objects
- GPOs, Printing
- wireless networking
- wired networking
- VPN applications.
- Ability to interrogate log files, registry, performance, and other system tools to effectively troubleshoot workstation operations.
- Good experience with application distribution and workstation provisioning products such as Microsoft SCCM.
- Customer service oriented, excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to multi-task, works well with others.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum High School diploma. College degree preferred
- One professional IT certification is desired. (MCSE, MCS)
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.