|Date Posted:||Nov 12|
|Wage:||$60-65/ hour DOE|
TITLE: Data Warehouse Analyst
CLIENT: Energy Company
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
TYPE: Contract (6-12 months)
RATE: $60-65/hour DOE (W-2 only)
Data Warehouse Analyst to design, develop, test, maintain, and support batch applications using Oracle PL/SQL.
• Ramp up on understanding the functionality of the Retail Commissions and Amortization application written entirely in Oracle PL/SQL within a few weeks.
• Monitor the ControlM jobs which kick off the various Commissions processes on a daily basis. Respond and resolve any ControlM job failures as soon as possible within the end of the business day. Willingness to do it on weekends and early AM hours on weekdays.
• Apply changes to existing application based on new enhancement requests from Commissions team
• Develop and test SQL scripts to apply key data changes to the Commissions data
• Develop additional Oracle PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, and tables for new workstreams to be streamlined as part of the Commissions project
• Unit test, System test, Integration test, and Regression test of the Oracle PL/SQL code.
• Expertise in Performance tuning of PL/SQL and SQL code.
• Expertise in using all the advanced concepts of Oracle 12c and Oracle PL/SQL.
• Expertise in using Analytical functions, Bulk Collect, Streamlined Job logging, Exception handling, and Optimization techniques in the Oracle PL/SQL code.
• Cooperate with Team Lead to understand requirements, receive and follow guidelines for coding and testing standards, identify source data, and perform code reviews.
• Work effectively in a team environment. Develop strong working relationship with Team Lead, members of Data warehouse team, EDI team, Web team, Oracle DBA team, Operations team and Project Management team.
• Communicate status and escalate issues or delays that would impact deadline as early in the process as possible.
IT experience including:
• 15+ years of experience in Software development
• 10+ years of experience in Oracle 10g or 11g
• 10+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL development
• 5+ years of experience in Unix shell script development
• 5+ years of experience in a Data Warehouse environment
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and team player
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.