|Date Posted:||Feb 11|
TITLE: Data Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, TX
RATE: $50-55/hour DOE
The Data Engineer will be responsible for creating and optimizing the data pipeline, data architecture as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and projects.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
• Build analytics tools/dashboards that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics using Tableau.
• Work with stakeholders including the business owners, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing models/visualizations.
• MUST HAVE: 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL).
• Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Knowledge with data visualization best practices.
• Minimum 1-year experience in Tableau development
• Experience with various data prep/pipeline/integration tools like Alteryx, Azure Data Factory etc.
• In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle and SQL Server), including data warehousing concepts and best practices
• Proficient is SQL
• Experience in at least one the following languages – R, Python, SCALA
• Experience working in an agile or Scrum based environment
• Ability to test and document end-to-end processes.
• Experience working with Microsoft Azure or AWS platform will be preferred
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.