|Date Posted:||Jun 12|
TITLE: Data Architect
CLIENT: Large healthcare
SALARY or RATE: $70/hr
• The Data Architect's role is to ensure high level of data quality across the enterprise through the creation and management of sound data management processes.
• This individual is responsible for establishing metadata and registries, standardizing data naming, establishing consistent data definitions, associated business rules and monitoring overall data quality.
• The Data Architect will sponsor the evaluation and selection of all infrastructure components (such as software) for data management systems.
• Data stewardship protects and foster specific data collections for specific purposes (like a data warehouse for business intelligence or marketing databases), a corporate asset view requires that a cross functional needs are established and maintained.
• Governance bodies and stewards must exert change on business and technical people—who own the data and its processes—when opportunities for improvement arise.
• Serves as a senior subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with Enterprise data acquisition and business intelligence plans.
• Prepares and participates in "deep dive" technical evaluation meetings, investigating processes to understand data and communications flow
Responsibility A: Leads the Data Governance Program
• Coordinates with business areas in the development, documentation and maintenance all data definitions for data warehouse, business intelligence tools, and clinical integration and quality reporting.
• Ensures that Data Governance program is aligned with corporate goals.
• Acts as liaison among Leaders and staff, ensuring effective communication and coordination.
• Provides Leadership with measures on the effectiveness of data governance and data quality.
• Arbitrates conflicts, if consensus, on shared and potentially sharable data is not met by business areas.
• Leads the effort to promote the prioritization of projects and resources that will advance the goals of Data Governance; provides needed information to the corporate project portfolio management process.
Responsibility B: Translates business needs into detailed requirement specifications.
• Identifies system or application needs.
• Analyzes current business practices, user needs, and workflow processes.
• Develops architecture specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes, and people) or operational solutions.
• Performs vendor analyses and makes recommendations.
Responsibility C: Facilitates enterprise systems design and architecture.
• Leads the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
• Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols, and standards that will support the data management strategy.
• Works collaboratively with the system architects to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems from multiple points.
• Ensures that new systems and/or applications adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
• Leads complex technical data warehouse discussions on modeling, integration and overall technology solutions and design.
Responsibility D: Manages data integrity.
• Creates and implements a data management strategy for achieving and maintaining high data quality.
• Develops and enforces methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data quality and accuracy at the point of entry.
• Performs data audits on a regular basis. The results of these audits should be tied in to performance measures for data entry personnel, IT, and the appropriate business units
• Devises, coordinates, and conducts mass data-cleansing initiatives for the purpose of purging and eliminating corrupt or redundant information from corporate databases.
• Uses the concepts and practices of continuous quality improvement to support effective and efficient business information.
Responsibility E: Analyzes system problems and modifications.
• Identifies and ensures the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
• Identifies causes of poor data quality, implement solutions and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
• Ensures that project management and software development methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to achieve high quality data.
Responsibility F: Participates in committees as an IS representative.
• Represents IS as a participating member of designated committee.
• Communicates with IS management of the goals, problems, and solutions of the designated committees.
• Candidates should have experience developing dashboards or recent backend SQL coding experience
• Candidates should have experience building dashboards and reports, creating ETLs, building visualizations, experience with SSIS, SSRS
• It will be a plus if they have Health Catalyst EDW knowledge, QlikView or QlikSense
• A broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas including application development, servers, networks and databases
• a working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments
• full understanding of architecting internet and client server systems
• full understanding of architecting integration and communications platforms.
• Process mapping, group presentation, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to a stringent timeline.
• Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s required in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or business or technology field. Masters preferred.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.