|Date Posted:||Oct 6|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
TITLE: Data Analyst
CLIENT: Infrastructure/ Energy
LOCATION: Houston TX 77056
SALARY or RATE: 6 month contract to hire with conversion to 85-105K
URGENCY: Reviewing resumes now
SUMMARY: We are seeking a Data Analyst to participate in all aspects of the data management lifecycle, which includes sourcing, cleansing, generation, and data visualization.
Key responsibilities will be project implementation in addition to maintenance and support activities related to enterprise planning and reporting.
The Data Analyst will also provide insights beyond the data management lifecycle by working with internal stakeholders to turn reports into actionable data.
• Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, and data mining
• Strong knowledge of and experience with data visualization tools such as Excel, PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc.
• Familiar with SQL databases and programming or ETL frameworks
• 5+ years of work experience implementing analytics or BI software products
• Familiarity with advanced analytics platforms like R, SAS, and SparkAbility
• Proficient in the Agile System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Ability to gather, understand and drive resolution of projects from a cross-functional team
• Solid understanding of the analytics design patterns
• Solid hands-on experience in PL/SQL.
• Experience working in a Construction, Telecom or a Utility Services company is a plus
• Experience working with large fleet telematics data is a plus
• The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics with technical focus using data visualization tools to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• This individual should be committed to transforming data into readable reports for continued innovation and growth.
• Work with key business stakeholders to define and document system requirements to support data and reporting needs
• Participate in cross-functional teams using data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Develop and support the implementation of data systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize data collection efficiency and improving overall data quality
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
• Define business rules for data validation
• Create and maintain technical and process documentation according to defined standards and provide systems training as necessary
• Develop and manage detailed and accurate work plans and appropriately communicate work plan risks and impacts to Management
• Learn new technologies and mentor others in learning new technologies
• Able to interpret requirements to design, develop and deploy analytic solutions within an Agile process
• Oversee the data/report request process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
• Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
• Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, and completeness to achieve desired results.
• Communicate with end-users and managers on progress of projects, issue resolution, and make sure that all are aware of updates and changes being made to the software
• Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
• Supports all company policies and procedures, ensuring 100% compliance
• Adheres to internal IT standards, policies and procedures
• BS in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.