|Date Posted:||Jan 12|
|Wage:||$160,000 Plus 20% bonus|
TITLE: Cybersecurity Manager
CLIENT: Oil & Gas
LOCATION: I-10 (West Side of Houston)
SALARY: $160,000 plus 20% bonus
The Cyber Security Operations Manager is the operational business facing representative of the Cyber Security group,
covering both the internal enterprise as well as the external client facing presence.
The Cyber Security Operations Manager is responsible for conducting all Cyber Security operations tasks. This
includes the operational aspects of responding to incidents, the day-to-day management of the operations group
including the global SOC’s, Cyber Security Awareness team, Threat/Intelligence team, and the eForensics and
eDiscovery team. Primary responsibility for “Detect” and “Respond” pillars of the NIST Cyber Security Framework and
manages the engineering and tooling requirements for both.
Reports to Chief Information Security Officer. Manages the Global SOC team, eForensics/eDiscovery team, Threat /
Intelligence team, and the Global Cyber Security Awareness team. The Cyber Security Operations Manager is expected to
be able to represent the CISO when required to executive management.
• Set priorities for the “Detect” and “Respond” pillars of the NIST Cyber Security Framework
• Lead the response to Cyber Security Incidents, reporting to both the CISO, CIO, and Executive leadership as required.
• Set the enterprise-wide Operation Cyber Security strategy, contributing to the overall Cyber Security Strategy.
• Manage, maintain, and own the Cyber Security Response Plan and associated playbooks for incident response.
• Maintain and deliver the external, client facing message for the Cyber Security group; represent the company in public
forums while delivering the Cyber Security message.
• Act as the primary interface with US government Cyber Security groups and agencies. (CISA, FBI, NSA)
• Act as the secondary interface with global government Cyber Security groups and agencies.
• Help enforce local and regional regulatory requirements.
• Provide security awareness to management at their level and above.
• Offer feedback on business reality versus security policies, procedures, and associated plans. Offer feedback on gap
analysis versus business needs.
• Execute corporate security bulletins.
• Review exemptions to security policies and standards.
• Review security assessment and GAP analysis for security controls and compliance.
• Manage and prioritize engineering initiatives and projects for Cyber Security Operations Group.
• Work closely with the company's product owners and the various business functions (IT, QHSE, Supply Chain, HR,
etc.) to ensure that appropriate systems security practices are in place.
• Maintain and Report on the Threat landscape of the company, and manage the intelligence assets appropriately.
• Actively promote security as an enabler to company’s business and propose solutions to balance between the
business needs and security requirements.
• Conduct tours / deliver the Cyber Security message to both internal leadership and external clients and partners.
• Review and advise on CyberSecurity standards.
• Provide Operational Feedback reflecting business needs back into the CyberSecurity Governance organization.
• Contribute to meetings held with CyberSecurity product vendors held in your area of responsibility.
• Deep working knowledge of the NIST Cyber Security Framework.
Strategy, Research and Development:
• Be familiar with technology, organization, business policies, and IT strategy.
• Maintain constant vigilance over all on-going IT projects in assigned Area.
• Keep abreast of latest technologies and best practices relevant to the world of CyberSecurity covering both IT and
• Define pilot projects and evaluations of technologies that can improve the company's security infrastructure.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.