|Date Posted:||Jan 25|
TITLE: Cost Accountant
URGENCY: Two Weeks
Applies principles of cost accounting to conduct analyses, which provide detailed cost information to the Controller and Upper Management.
• Perform percentage of completion (POC) calculations for jobs
• Responsible for job cost accounting function, inventory, and variance analysis
• Prepare POC (WIP) report
• Review and analyze job, inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies regarding cost analyses and profitability
• Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as cost vs actual schedules, etc.
• Liaise with and support project managers, production, purchasing, and warehouse teams
• Work on special projects as required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle stress under pressure
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
• Must have advanced skills with Excel and proficient with other MS Office products
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Ability to research, compile, analyze, and interpret data.
• Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves.
• Ability to prepare management reports
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to multitask, establish priorities, and organize efficiently
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
• 5+ years of job cost experience
• 5+ years of construction accounting experience
• Manufacturing accounting a plus
• CPA/CMA is a plus
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.