|Date Posted:||Aug 16|
|Wage:||$70,000 - $80,000|
TITLE: Copywriter (Technical & Creative)
CLIENT: Small, independent
LOCATION: Edison, NJ
RATE: $70,000 -$80,000/year, plus benefits
The Copywriter will need to be dedicated to research and learn the client's product to compose content. This content will combine technical explanation with artistic/creative verbiage. They will be producing clear, persuasive, original copy, consistent with the company's tone and style. The ideal candidate will have experience writing provenance reports, histories, web pages, microsites, as well as be able to provide samples of articles, product summaries, brochures, advertisements, presentations, newsletters and copy for books and/or other marketing and communications collateral. This position will also handle the customer experience management by using channel skills to ensure the "customer journey" is favorable and has a consistent voice/writing style throughout.
• Will develop marketing collateral and information spec sheets for a variety of products.
• Facilitate the creation of work products that include brochures, overviews, presentations, animation scripts, provenance reports, histories, web pages, microsites, articles, product summaries, brochures, advertisements, presentations, newsletters and copy for a book and other marketing and communications collateral
• Writing clear, persuasive, original copy, consistent with the company's tone and style
• Amending, revising or redeveloping content in response to feedback from management or internal clients
• Proofreading campaign copy to check spelling and grammar, and whether the tone is fitting with company voice
• Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Liaising with internal clients to interpret their briefs and understand their target audience and desired end result
• Working closely with the in-house staff to develop the messaging and assets required to execute global and regional campaigns
• Partnering with the users of the content to ensure that assets produced are resonating with the target audience(s) and being an effective tool in campaign efforts
• MUST HAVE 3+ years' experience MINIMUM in communications with strong, proven experience in writing, editing, and managing communication projects from planning to completion.
• MUST HAVE - writing portfolio (physical or online) with applicable samples
• MUST HAVE experience collaborating with graphic designers to produce attractive and effective communication materials.
• MUST HAVE experience managing communications projects (primarily print collateral pieces like brochures, web/online, client events, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience of the Collectibles/Auction/Mineral/Jewelry/High-End Retail industry would be advantageous, but not essential
• Proficiency in MS Office PowerPoint and other related desktop publishing applications
• Strong project management skills
• Delivers projects on time and on budget.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations, or a related field.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.