|Date Posted:||Sep 10|
|Wage:||120K plus 20% annual bonus|
LOCATION: Houston TX
TYPE: Direct Hire Salaried role
SALARY/RATE: 120K DOE plus bonus opp
URGENCY: Reviewing Resumes Now
We are seeking a sharp Controller for our Venture Capital firm client in Houston TX.
• Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
• Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Work Hours & Benefits:
• Full time long term role, managing multiple portfolios and potential to lead a team onshore and/or offshore.
• 20% annual bonus.
• Work Hours 40 hours a week, 8 hours per day.
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
• Experience with financial reporting requirement
• Experience managing processes
• Sufficient experience with various Financial software
• Developing standards experience
• Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance background
• Tracking budget expenses
• Analyzing information
• Developing budgets
• Performance management
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.