|Date Posted:||May 1|
|Wage:||125-150k base + bonus|
Type: Permanent role
The Controller position is accountable for the financial reporting, analysis, and overall accounting. This is inclusive of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, gross margin analysis by customer, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Additionally, this position will direct the implementation of a new ERP system.
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Manage outsourced functions.
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the Company's goals and objectives.
• Maintain and manage the overall financial reporting and accounting operations, especially the financial reporting. In addition to control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
• Oversee daily activities for the overall accounting, including (but not limited to) revenue, fixed assets, accounts payable, projects, and payroll.
• Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process, including account reconciliations and analysis of budget to actual variance reporting.
• Develop and maintain gross margin analysis by customer.
• Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
• Complete the Company's annual audit alongside the independent auditors.
• Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
• Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures for accounting processes in addition to the financial reporting process.
• Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
• Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
• Ensure all licenses and permits for the Company are current.
• Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements and manage the internal and external review for these documents
• Create and maintain financial reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, interim and yearend financial statements
• Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
• Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations and calculate financial and operating metrics
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Provide financial analyses as needed
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
• CPA with at least 4 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
• Valid and current TWIC card
• An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
• Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
Accounting group (A/R, A/P, revenue, fixed assets, project accounting) for the Company as well as the office manager.
Reports to: General Manager
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.