|Date Posted:||Mar 4|
TITLE: Content Strategist
LOCATION: Houston, TX
RATE: $60-65/hour DOE
The Digital Customer Experience team is looking for a seasoned writer who has the analytical and problem-solving skills to develop strategy and create content that resonates across all channels and mediums while aligning to the business objectives of the company and the complex and varying needs of its customer base. This role will manage and evolve the tone, messaging and consistency across the enterprise. This individual will work closely with the product team and business experts, to influence product positioning and communication strategy.
• Oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables.
• Produce excellent creative and effective work for clients including persuasive messages and compelling stories that inform and engage target audiences.
• Write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including product names, navigational elements, emails, and notifications).
• Work closely with the product team to develop user-focused positioning and narratives in support of features and experiences.
• Work closely and collaboratively with various internal clients to produce excellent creative and effective content including persuasive messages and compelling stories that inform and engage target audiences.
• Develop content frameworks and product narratives that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of product writing.
• Coordinate with and lead other content writers to curate and administrate the publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (images, video, written), for all channels; may require editing and standardizing of content created by others for consistency.
• Create and maintain editorial calendars and content migration plans.
• Implement, track and analyze SEO in order to provide effective solutions for content optimization.
• Conduct necessary market, product, competitive and other research to inform content.
• Gather key business and user insights, apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated; includes participation in user interviews.
• Conduct content audits and gap analyses to optimize portal performance and new content.
• Produce thought leadership content for company utilizing internal and external SMEs.
• Ensure voice and content consistency with marketing, content marketing, and customer support.
• Proofread and edit written pieces before publication.
• MUST HAVE: Portfolio of relevant writing samples and published articles.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing B2B marketing copy.
• Experience writing content for web/mobile products Knowledge of Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
• Basic understanding of HTML and web publishing.
• Familiarity with SEO, SEM and keyword research tools (e.g. Google Keyword Planner).
• Intermediate skill level of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint).
• Proven experience with holistic content strategy to meet the current demands and the long-term vision.
• Experience in SCRUM Agile methodology.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, able to communicate across multiple business lines and report on findings and processes to leadership and employees using proper spelling, grammar, verbiage, and tools to effectively deliver a message.
• Detail-oriented and meticulous proofreader.
• Ability to write for a range of needs including attention-grabbing short form to semi-technical white papers and for multiple business lines.
• Communication focused, altering delivery method to meet the needs of a target audience while maintaining consistent messaging.
• Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e. content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
• Design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed in various formats
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to articulate rationale clearly.
• Well-versed in identifying and communicating feature values to users.
• Flexibility and adaptability; able to problem-solve in a deadline-driven environment.
• Effectively cope with change and multitasking and to switch direction rapidly as priorities change.
• Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in journalism, creative writing or other related area with an emphasis on writing; and/or combined five years of on the job experience in a content writing role.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.