|Date Posted:||Sep 28|
|Wage:||$45- $50 /hour DOE|
TITLE: Communications Specialist
LOCATION: Houston, TX
RATE: $45- $50/hour DOE
Supports the goals and objectives of the Communications department by serving on a variety of assigned project-based teams. Primarily responsible for developing and distributing content for internal/employee communications using a variety of channels, this role also supports other communication areas, as needed.
• Supports projects and teams, coordinating the development and production of communications.
• Assists in managing content for intranet site, including developing and posting new content.
• Develops and manages the production of a wide variety of communication materials, including articles, presentations, speeches, video scripts, emails, intranet articles, brochures, posters, digital signage, etc.
• Writes internal emails, including organizational announcements, biographies, safety messages, benefits announcements and leadership messages.
• Takes photos (camera provided) at events, team gatherings, etc.
• Attends internal events and develops feature articles.
• Adept at communicating complex information that is easily consumed.
• Assists with the developing and implementation of internal events.
• Collaborates with graphic designers to produce attractive and effective communication materials.
• Manages jobs and projects using digital job tracking tools to ensure work is on schedule and meets approvals at various points during production.
• Leads and participates in brainstorming sessions to get creative ideas for new projects; may support colleagues by editing and proofreading.
• Reports job status and hours worked.
• Proficient in AP Style.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
• Able to conduct research, write effectively in a variety of channel styles and formats, and work independently.
• Able to create and implement strategic communication plans and select the most appropriate tactics and communication channels.
• Able to define objectives and measure outcomes of communication plans.
• Able to manage the implementation of new processes, procedures or services.
• Able to demonstrate effective project management and time management to meet project deadlines and remain within budget.
• Able to manage multiple projects concurrently and to prioritize according to business needs.
• Able to quickly adapt to changing demands and demonstrate flexibility in the face of change of uncertainty.
• Able to develop speeches and presentations for senior executives.
• Able to work and/or interact with all levels of the organization.
• Able to operate as a self-starter; demonstrate initiative to start, develop and complete projects and work effectively with minimal supervision while maintaining appropriate communication.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of web-based and electronic communications.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.