|Date Posted:||Feb 18|
|Wage:||$110,000 - $115,000|
TITLE: Cloud Network Engineer
LOCATION: Central Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $110,000 - $115,000
The Cloud Network Engineer will design and develop enterprise cloud capabilities and solutions for all cloud service types; IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Will collaborate with the Infrastructure team, assist design and development phases, providing guidance, interpretation, and engineering expertise. Will focus on the overall project technical and architecture design, cost effectiveness, quality of solution, knowledge transfer, and mentoring of the project technical team members.
- Will be keenly aware of cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption while also being proficient in the understanding of and application of various automation related tools and languages.
- Will support the corporate Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices.
- Build leading-edge solutions in Microsoft Azure, or AWS, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Support the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile project management
Provides expert level design and engineering support towards the successful delivery of IT’s cloud project portfolio
- Contribute towards continual service improvement activities related to the delivery of cloud services
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Create and implement automation in the form of infrastructure as code for cloud platform solutions
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- 5+ years’ experience in IT platform, storage, networking, and virtualization engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in the design & implementation of distributed applications (preferred)
- In depth, practical experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud based solutions with robust Business Continuity and Disaster Recover requirements
- 3+ years practical experience working in DevOps team/organizations with applied Agile development practices
- 3+ years hands on experience with automated tooling such as Chef and Test Kitchen
- Hands on experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses pertinent to cloud, server, storage and network virtualization
- Possess a strong understanding of SDLC principles and processes
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- Azure or AWS certifications are preferred
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.