|Date Posted:||Nov 21|
Job Title: Chemical Engineer.
Location- on Site-Houston TX
Type: Direct Permanent
Salary: Base of $95k - $115k/yr. DOE
Chemical Engineer is responsible for maintaining chemicals portfolio, performing laboratory tests in response specific requests, evaluating alternative chemicals to comply with performance and regulatory requirements, and collecting and analyzing test data to present to internal and external clients. The Chemical Engineer is also responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products. Chemical Engineer plans, conducts, and evaluates approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion
Perform ongoing lab testing for alternative and current chemical products.
• Manage and resolve requests for testing to support ongoing operations.
• Coordinate field sample deliveries and perform required testing and reporting; collaborate with Analytical, Technical Service Laboratory, Quality, and 3-rd party laboratories, if needed.
• Develop and validate testing procedures and protocols to respond to operations requests.
• Maintain chemicals portfolio and assure their up-to-date status; initiate and coordinate required chemicals validation and approval process.
• Assist in maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
• Assist in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications.
• Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
• Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results, and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
• Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code, and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
• Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
• Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
• Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents, and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
• Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
• Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization, and business.
• Any duties are subject to change at any time according to business needs.
BS Degree or higher in Chemical or Environmental Engineering with 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
• Experience in basic laboratory analytical techniques and chemical analysis.
• Experience in and/or knowledge of chemical laboratory instrumentation (i.e., rheology, pH, centrifuges, etc.)
• Knowledge of hydrocarbon detection and TPH (TOG) levels measurement is a plus.
• Aptitude for collecting and analyzing test data.
• Team player with ability to work in a fast pace, cross functional diverse environment.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.