|Date Posted:||Sep 11|
TITLE: Central Distribution Manager
LOCATION: Houston TX
URGENCY: Reviewing resumes now
Seeking a Central Distribution Manager for a major hospital in Houston Texas for a 2+ year contract engagement.
- Oversees the management and replenishment of patient supply inventory throughout acute care, critical care, and ambulatory areas by performing or approving orders, reviewing cycle counts, and other duties related to maintaining the budget and financial expenses of CD in accordance with the policies of the department.
- Manages Omnicell system, OptiFlex system, and Floor Stock Carts to ensure correct cost and revenue reporting. This includes ensuring that charges for patient supplies are collected and processed accurately, and in accordance with IDS policy.
- Reviews discrepancies with Nursing to improve charge capture compliance.
- Reports financial, productivity, and operational performance through monthly metrics and dashboards.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to optimize inventory levels to improve service levels while reducing costs.
- Reviews operational and customer service problems and provides resolution.
- Performs analyses to maintain customer par levels (OptiFlex, Omnicell and Floor Stock.)
- Consults with customers to review usage reports and trends.
- Conducts routine nurse management operational meetings.
- 5 years experience in logistics and distribution
- 2 years supervisory/management experience
- Experience managing a Central Distribution for a large hospital
- Experience managing low-level disinfection of hospital equipment
- Good customer service skills and communication skills
- Experience managing a 24/7 operation
- The candidate will be working day shift, Monday through Friday, but also needs to be available (at least by phone, and occasionally in person) for the night and weekend shifts.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and computerized inventory control systems (PeopleSoft and Omnicell), departmental budgeting, system analysis techniques, medical supplies and equipment, and inventory and distribution of healthcare materials/services.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, collect and analyze raw data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to maintain and improve operations.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and perform process improvement, as well as effective leadership and customer service skills.
Bachelor's Degree Business, Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain, Nursing, or other healthcare/engineering/technical field of study
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.