|Date Posted:||Aug 28|
TITLE: Business Analyst | Charlotte, North Carolina
CLIENT: Energy Company
LOCATION: Charlotte, North Carolina
TYPE: Contract (6 to 12 months)
RATE: $35-40/ hour
• Support business operations and production analysis teams responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, enhancing and supporting application programs and processes
• Interfaces with clients to determine requirements, resolve issues, and determine cost estimates
• Provide subject matter expertise to the business client in order to assist with problem solving
• Serve business operations team as a resource for training and development
• Design, develop, maintain, enhance and support application programs working within a team-oriented environment using various development tools
• Provide production support and monitoring of systems supporting business clients, occasionally after normal work hours
• Manage and perform application configuration and testing working with dashboards and reports in SSRS and support SOX controls, testing and audits
• Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements
• Develop prototypes/proofs of concept to validate key project assumptions prior to making significant investments
• Document design specifications.
• Develop new and enhanced system functionality including custom code and packaged application configuration
• Ensure the successful transition from development to operations including operations procedures and tools such as process control points, reports, and automated monitoring
• Regularly report status and raise issues/risks as appropriate. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control
• Collaborate with team members and operational groups to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary.
• Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of company, operations, and IT applications and infrastructure teams
• Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and milestone time periods
• Interact with external entities: vendors, service providers and product vendors.
• Interface with IT application owners and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Escalates or resolves conflicts, as needed
• Help identify and recommend options, risks and alternatives to deliver a robust and stable infrastructure
• Devise or modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components
• Assist in researching, evaluating, specifying and coding the configuration of hardware and/or software for application’s environment
• Requires skill and proficiency in many technical functions and ability to integrate across disciplines
• Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices that may be applicable to the company.
• 2+ years of experience with SQL / PLSQL and/or SSIS/SSRS
• 2+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools
• 2+ years of experience developing and implementing data integration solutions in a SQL Server database environment
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office Excel, MS Project, Visio, Internet Explorer with understanding of Relational Database concepts is a must
• One year of experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction processing systems, preferably in a custom software development environment.
• Experience writing C# and VB.net code is a plus with energy business and systems that support retail energy
• Demonstrated proficiency of SQL development skills
• Proficiency estimating work assignments and delivering to these estimates
• Experience with design and development ETL best practices with SDLC and Agile Methodologies
• Ability to create and maintain technical documentation with end users taking their business problems and translating them into system requirements
• Manage configuration, testing, maintenance, enhancements and or support activities
• Ability to perform ad hoc analysis, insight generation, and data migrations
• Capable of evaluating user change requests and obtaining approval to make modifications
• Participation in project planning sessions with team members to analyze business and technical requirements
• Ability to conduct unit testing to ensure application meets specifications
• Willingness to work extended hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and to achieve project milestones
• Knowledge of Software Configuration Management discipline and systems change management processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science, software engineering or related field
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.