|Date Posted:||Oct 3|
TITLE: Business Analyst - Retail Commissions
LOCATION: Houston, TX
RATE: $30-33/hour DOE
This role is responsible for project-based business systems and process analysis. Initially this role will support a large-scale, long-term project to transform how the company’s retail business manages sales commission processes, with the potential for subsequent projects. The key ingredient for success in this role is the ability to proactively and effectively listen, communicate, organize, and maintain alignment on project objectives and requirements cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization.
• Gather, define, develop, and document, business requirements for new or existing processes and/or IT capability enhancements and projects. Facilitate consensus for these from key stakeholders to achieve timely and complete implementation. Requirements include use cases, process flows, business rules, activity diagrams, and screen mockups, and other types of documentation.
• Own and coordinate testing efforts both pre- and post-launch, including:
o test planning: creation of test approach, scenarios, scripts
o test execution: execution of test cases and scripts, logging of defects
o coordination of defect fixing
o coordination of business owner signoff
o participation in cutover planning, including rollback planning
• Drive understanding of the project across stakeholders and business units
• Drive consensus on solutions that balance desired requirements, technical limitations, schedule demands and capital allocation
• Document as-is and to-be processes with users and stakeholders. Evaluate and re-design business process flows to eliminate capabilities gap.
• Set up and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix and other documentation.
• Participate in transitioning the requirements to visual, functional, and technical designers; ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements via design / technical reviews to ensure the requirements are met.
• Drive definition of metrics and goals for the project according to defined objectives of each project
• Facilitate smooth project deployments
• 3-5 Years’ experience with Business Analysis for IT projects
• Intermediate-to-advanced MS Office skills, including Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project
• Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills, including excellent listening to achieve understanding
• Self-starter with strong bias for action and follow-thru on commitments
• Prior demonstrable experience with sales commission process and system implementation and/or management
• Leadership/Driving Change
• Bachelors degree
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.