|Date Posted:||Aug 24|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
TITLE: Big Data Developer
CLIENT: Oil and Gas Drilling
LOCATION: Houston TX Galleria Area
SALARY or RATE: $70/hour or DOE
URGENCY: Accepting Applications Now- Interview Availability Now
We are seeking a Big Data Developer with SCALA experience using Spark for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity at a large oil and gas company located in Houston Texas Galleria area. Big Data/ Integration/ Data Virtualization team for an enterprise sized petroleum drilling company.
- Using Hadoop platform, compare and combine with Data Delivery team
- Will work on a handful of disciplines, one of note is “Ingestion” project to prepare real time data reporting.
- Apache Spark tool accessed by Python and SCALA for performance.
- Need an enthusiastic Hadoop professional with a strong background in implementing real-time data pipelines and models using the latest trends of data delivery tools from the ecosystem.
- Working on real time analytics of time series drilling data using HIVE, Spark, SCALA, oozie, Python and data virtualization.
- The role involves real time ingestion of high volume and velocity of Drilling data and providing it for analytics.
- Manage change requests, code migration, defect tracking, and status reporting
- Experience in Platform engineering
- Experience in Platform Upgrades
- Define gaps in process document and implement process changes
- Should have 2-4+ years Apache Spark and SCALA background.
- Years of overall experience with at least 4 years' experience on Big Data Tools and Technologies (such as Spark & SCALA)
- Java Experience in Deployment of Big data solution using traditional and Big data Technologies
- Worked within Hadoop
- Apache Spark accessed by Python and SCALA on Hadoop platform
- Should be able to develop and support applications in Spark, Scala and Python
- Should work in agile mode working on enhancements prioritized by business
- Should have good experience in Data Analysis Debugging
- Must have good business acumen as you will be working with multiple teams that integrate multiple projects.
EDUCATION: Courses and Certifications not required and are preferred although recent work experience is highly considered.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.