|Date Posted:||Dec 10|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
TITLE: Business Analyst
CLIENT: Leading Oil and Gas Client
LOCATION: Downtown Houston
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate level of experience successfully providing business analysis services in a corporate setting
- Experience supporting technology solutions, including change management, application testing, data integrity management and end-user support and training
- Experience designing or changing business processes to gain full value from technology solutions
- Experience working in an Oracle environment
- Strong SQL skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of intelligence and problem solving skills
- Experience in designing, testing and rolling out custom (and packaged) solutions
- Experience with and understanding of relational databases and database concepts
REQUIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to quickly understand business functions
- Business process analysis and design
- Skill in managing internal customer expectations
- Ability to uncover hidden requirements
- Skillful management of priorities
- Management of the application change request and enhancement process
- Relationship management
- Ability to work with technical resources to effect change or correct problems in applications
- Work with business partners to design and sustain optimal business processes
- Design and sustain optimal data flows
- Gather business requirements and ensure they are met
- Oversee and ensure integrity of all technical solutions
- Provide assistance to business to design and execute new functions and modifications
- Provide single point of contact for the business units assigned
- Provide representation for the business to vendors and internal IM and corporate groups
- Coordinate change management for the assigned solutions
- Provide testing as needed prior to customer use or acceptance testing
- Participate on projects as needed
- Will have responsibility and the necessary authorities to maintain the effectiveness of their assigned systems.
- Work with most internal functions within the company.
- Frequent interaction with all IM/IT functions, and a high-level of interaction with the business units who use or are dependent upon the assigned systems.
- Work with all levels of the organization.
- Externally, this position will deal with vendors and external consultants, and may interact with industry professionals at other companies.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree required
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.