|Date Posted:||Mar 18|
|Wage:||$70.00 - $80.00/hour|
TITLE: Asst. Director of Health Information Mgmt/ Release of Information
Seeking an Assistant Director to plan, organize and staff direct activities related to the functions of Health Information Management and Release of Information.
• Monitors staffing requirements and productivity levels by measuring and analyzing key performance indicators based on volume, required service levels and budgetary guidelines. Staffing requirements are variable and are monitored daily and reported to director when outside expected threshold.
• Coaches and develops individual team members by providing structured feedback through monthly leader engagement meetings, annual goal setting and informal and/or formal follow-up to PMP at least twice per year.
• Develops and implements operational processes to optimize H.I.M./R.O.I. by working with appropriate departments.
• Collaborates with both IS and nursing operational departments to evaluate process work flows, identify opportunities and implement process improvement.
• Leads and/or actively participates in various departmental, functional and system wide projects as appropriate.
• Ensures appropriate staff competency and ongoing education by working closely with the managers, team leads and the Revenue Cycle Education Training Team to ensure training is relevant to staff job expectations. Oversees coordination of training from other departments.
• Provides management and oversight of the Release of Information vendor contract to ensure the meeting of minimum service level standards.
• 5+ years experience in contact center communications or point of service, revenue cycle operations or like industry, health insurance industry experience, physician referral process, collections, financial counseling, insurance verification and/or authorization practices
• 2 years of supervisory experience
• Must have knowledge of healthcare and the health insurance industry
• Experience with medical record prepping
• Scanning and analysis
• Has worked within Release of Information and HIPAA and physician rcord completion
• Knowledge of business practices
• Knowledge of hospital computing systems
• Knowledge of revenue cycle
• Must be able to work with internal and external of hospital including patients, families, medical staff, admins, leaders and staff.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• RHIA - Cert-Reg Health Inform. Admins American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
• RHIT - Cert-Reg Health Inform. TECH American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
• Bachelors required minimum
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.