|Date Posted:||Dec 2|
TITLE: Applications Architect
CLIENT: Hospital / Medical
LOCATION: Remote work, Houston TX 77030
TYPE: 16+ month Long-term contract
SALARY or RATE: $48/hr
URGENCY: Reviewing resumes now
We are seeking a two remote contractors able to support a long term contract as a Applications Architect for our Medical/Hospital client here in Houston Texas.
• Knowledge at expert level of current application and system development techniques.
• Also requires knowledge of relational databases, appropriate programming languages,
data structures, associated computer hardware, computer networking, a variety of operating systems and client/server data processing techniques.
• Ability to demonstrate logic, analytical and effective verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Responsibility A: Analyzes and coordinates designing of new & existing applications and architectures of Integrated Delivery System systems.
• Coordinate new development and make sure it is consistent and well integrated with existing information data structure.
• Lead and engage in business analysis, information acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, archive and recovery strategy, security, and change management.
• Appraises effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual or automated processes
to identify ineffectiveness or inefficiency of the system.
Develops, designs, and modifies technical specifications for the Integrated Delivery System.
• Coordinates the design and analysis of the implementation of new systems and the modifications of existing systems
Responsibility B: Coordinates/implements and controls the configuration and development of systems.
• Controls system configuration and development process by establishing standards, measuring work in process, interpreting results, and taking corrective action.
• Develops and administers the system configuration and development plan.
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities to team members according to ability, priority, etc.
• Performs independent programming for segments of complex problems according to the technical specifications and standard system implementation techniques.
• Analyzes system performance and optimizes programs, reports, indexes and accordingly.
• Define the post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance.
• Initiates and implements new programming techniques, methods, procedures, approaches, and standards.
Responsibility C: Administers program and system tests.
• Develops and administers data verification methods and plans as needed.
• Assures coded logic performs as required by testing and correcting programs via trial runs, and combines individual programs into a job stream.
• Performs system integration testing to ensure system integrity
Responsibility D: Develops system documentation.
• Develops documentation standards.
• Prepares program code documentation in compliance with standards.
• Prepares system configuration procedures in compliance with standards.
• Prepares documentation concerning program and configuration issues, bugs, and resolutions in compliance with standards.
Responsibility E: Maintains systems.
• Controls system operations by finding and correcting errors in the system.
• Implements modifications to the system to accommodate new or changing requirements.
• Supports application databases by making required modifications, developing, testing and running scripts.
• Provides emergency support for malfunctioning systems.
Responsibility F: Coordinates activities and information dissemination with manager, other Information Services
personnel, users and vendors.
• Leads development and maintenance programming activities with management, other Information Services personnel,
users, or vendors during all phases of the system life cycle.
• Participates in meetings concerning user consulting, systems analysis, system design, and vendor contracts.
• Serves as Information Services department representative in meetings with other Integrated Delivery System components in developing data processing solutions designed to solve practical IDS problems.
Responsibility G: Researches technology trends/directions.
• Identifies and recommend tools and technologies using best practices/industry standards to support strategic direction and to assist in deploying appropriately business initiatives.
• Required 10 years experience in major system design & implementation experience,
• Preferred- experience in management or project leadership.
Required- High School Diploma,
• Preferred- Master's Degree in Science; Bachelor’s degree will substitute four (4) years of work experience.
• Master’s degree will substitute for two (2) years of
• Two (2) years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of information systems experience on a month to month basis.
PERKS: 100% remote.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.