|Date Posted:||Sep 10|
TITLE: Ambulatory Service Representative II
CLIENT: Large Hospital
LOCATION: Houston Texas, West / Katy area
TYPE: 3-month contract with possibility for extension
URGENCY: Interviewing now
Seeking an Ambulatory Service Representative for our Neurophysiology Department due to an increased workload. The initial 3-month contract could extend or convert permanent depending on performance.
The primary shift will be 11 am-7:30 PM with the occasional Sunday shift with the same time frame. Also, open flexibility to cover 8 am-4:30 pm, if needed.
- Performs patient registration procedures and ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit.
- Communicates with patient staff and providers regarding patient arrivals delays and clinic processes.
- Verifies insurance benefits and identifies correct plan codes that drive reimbursement (i.e. Capitate allowance vs. per diem or discount of charges.).
- Enters batches and reconciles charges daily.
- Schedules new or follow up appointments for patients and confirms patient appointments verifying patient demographics and insurance information.
- Schedules ancillary appointments diagnostic tests and follow up appointments per provider orders/requisitions.
- Ensures that interpreter services are available for patients as needed.
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and /or service related to appointment status wait time or unanticipated problems while being culturally sensitive.
- Performs other duties and provides basic office support including ordering and maintaining office/clinic supplies; maintaining office equipment; managing correspondence; copying faxing mailing and filing documents, and collecting and distributing mail.
- Serves in a key role to assure the most efficient patient throughput in exam rooms.
- EPIC experience preferred,
- High efficiency in phone skills.
- The primary shift will be 11 am-7:30 PM with the occasional Sunday shift with the same time frame. Also, open flexibility to cover 8 am-4:30 pm, if needed
- Experience in a healthcare or related setting, as well as pediatric experience, is preferred.
- Required knowledge of medical terminology insurance terminology and customer service.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both oral and written forms; possess good interpersonal skills organization and problem-solving skills and good time management skills.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service skills operate a personal computer and software efficiently and operate general clinic equipment.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
High school diploma with two (2) years of experience providing excellent customer service.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.