|Date Posted:||Dec 16|
TITLE: Ambulatory Service Representative II
CLIENT: Large Hospital
LOCATION: Houston Texas, Medical Ctr
TYPE: 3-month contract with possibility for extension
URGENCY: Interviewing now
Seeking additional Ambulatory Service Representatives due to vacancies.
This is an initial 3-month contract could extend or convert permanent depending on performance.
Monday 8-5 with Weekend rotation.
- Performs patient registration procedures and ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit.
- Communicates with patient staff and providers regarding patient arrivals delays and clinic processes.
- Verifies insurance benefits and identifies correct plan codes that drive reimbursement (i.e. Capitate allowance vs. per diem or discount of charges.).
- Enters batches and reconciles charges daily.
- Schedules new or follow up appointments for patients and confirms patient appointments verifying patient demographics and insurance information.
- Schedules ancillary appointments diagnostic tests and follow up appointments per provider orders/requisitions.
- Ensures that interpreter services are available for patients as needed.
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and /or service related to appointment status wait time or unanticipated problems while being culturally sensitive.
- Performs other duties and provides basic office support including ordering and maintaining office/clinic supplies; maintaining office equipment; managing correspondence; copying faxing mailing and filing documents, and collecting and distributing mail.
- Serves in a key role to assure the most efficient patient throughput in exam rooms.
- EPIC experience preferred,
- High efficiency in phone skills.
- Experience in a healthcare or related setting, as well as pediatric experience, is preferred.
- Required knowledge of medical terminology insurance terminology and customer service.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both oral and written forms; possess good interpersonal skills organization and problem-solving skills and good time management skills.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service skills operate a personal computer and software efficiently and operate general clinic equipment.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- EPIC, customer service, call center or any obgyn or fertility experience
High school diploma with two (2) years of experience providing excellent customer service.
Here are just a few of the “hot jobs” Clearpoint is working on this week. Please apply for anything that is a fit for your skills and experience, and as always please feel free to share with your networks.