|Date Posted:||Nov 8|
TITLE: Ambulatory Service Rep II
LOCATION: Medical Center
TYPE: Contract/ Contract to Hire
SALARY or RATE: $15/hr
URGENCY: Start Date December preferably
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00
• Performs patient registration procedures and ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit.
• Communicates with patient and staff and providers regarding patient arrivals delays and clinic processes.
• Verifies insurance benefits and identifies correct plan codes that drive reimbursement (i.e. Capitated allowance vs. per diem or discount of charges.).
• Enters batches and reconciles charges daily.
• Schedules new or follow up appointments for patients and confirms patient appointments verifying patient demographics and insurance information.
• Schedules ancillary appointments diagnostic tests and follow up appointments per provider orders/requisitions.
• Ensures that interpreter services are available for patients as needed.
• Responds to customer questions with prompt information and /or service related to appointment status wait time or unanticipated problems while being culturally sensitive.
• Performs other duties and provides basic office support including ordering and maintaining office/clinic supplies; maintaining office equipment; managing correspondence; copying faxing mailing and filing documents; and collecting and distributing mail
• Serves in key role to assure most efficient patient throughput in exam rooms.
• Answer phones, schedule appointments, process EEG reports.
• Excellent telephone skills. Experience with appointment scheduling. Training with EPIC and Logician.
• Good interpersonal and computer skills.
• Experience in a healthcare or related setting as well as pediatric experience is preferred.
• Required knowledge of medical terminology insurance terminology and customer service.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively both oral and written forms; possess good interpersonal skills organization and problem-solving skills and good time management skills.
• Must be able to provide excellent customer service skills operate a personal computer and software efficiently and operate general clinic equipment.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
• High school diploma with two (2) years of experience providing excellent customer service.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.