|Date Posted:||Feb 11|
|Wage:||$85,000 - $95,000|
TITLE: Accounting Manager
LOCATION: West Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $85,000 - $95,000
Our client is in need of an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will use a hands-on team approach to directly manage the accounting team, which includes the monthly close process, accounts payable, monthly billings to clients, job cost, payroll, and monthly financial statement analysis. Will also implement and maintain policies and procedures to make the close, reporting process, and internal controls more efficient while mitigating risk and enhancing the accuracy of the company's consolidated financial results in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist Corporate Controller with monthly financial variance analysis.
- Prepare and/or review monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Work closely with Divisional Leadership for financial review.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Assist with ERP implementation, updates, and testing.
- Professional development and mentoring of accounting staff to maximize full potential.
- Hands-on approach to manage and oversee the daily operation of accounting.
- Month End Close – Manage the close process, prepare/review monthly journal entries, intercompany balancing, and variance analysis in accordance with GAAP and the month end check list following established company closing procedures.
- Accounts Payable – ensure vendor invoices are input daily.
- Billing – Manage the billing of individual projects daily.
- Job Cost – verify all costs are properly coded to each project.
- Payroll – verify all payroll is recorded correctly in the general ledger.
- General Ledger Maintenance – include company, account, department, and job set-up.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- 5 Years of supervisory experience.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team management.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel.
- Experience with senior management communication.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic and desire to produce high quality results.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA Preferred.
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.