|Date Posted:||Nov 20|
|Wage:||$45,000 - $50,000|
TITLE: Accounts Receivable Specialist
LOCATION: Central Houston
TYPE: Direct Hire
SALARY: $45,000 - $50,000
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for performing essential tasks related to accounts receivable inclusive of invoicing and collections. Will collaborate with internal and external stake holders, while finding resolution to billing issues and ensure timely payment of invoices. You will work on reporting, reconciliations, and contribute to improvements of the accounts receivable process.
- Maintains cash applications, customer account reconciliations, and online credit card retrievals and chargebacks.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally.
- Ensures that amounts paid by the customer coincide with open invoices covered in payment.
- Effectively communicates and escalates delinquent receivables and disputes to customers, internal partners, and/or management
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Generate age analysis.
- Leads weekly meetings to review accounts receivable.
- Minimizes bad debt through early identification of receivables "at risk"
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
- Reviews billing management system weekly, confirming fees are correct and in accordance with contract.
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics.
- Calculation of Bad Debt Expense
- Month-end Close procedures including account reconciliations
- Support audit requests associated with internal and external audits.
- 3+ years experience in Account Receivable
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word), intermediate/advanced level in Excel, including proficiency with lookups and pivot tables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability lead meetings and present to senior leaders
- Previous reconciliation and analytic experience required
- Preferred - Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.