|Date Posted:||Jan 30|
TITLE: Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Houston TX 77030
SALARY or RATE: 40-45/hr
URGENCY: start early as 02/03/2020
We are seeking a financial Accounting Manager due to a vacancy for an initial 3 month contract for our hospital client downtown Houston.
• Develops, monitors and maintains financial accounting and reporting process for all IDS entities including reviewing journal entries and comparing financial statements and financial ratios to prior periods and budget. Determines causes for
fluctuations and communicates those verbally and in writing in accordance with the close schedule.
• Directs monthly account reconciliation process to ensure that all accounts subject to review are reconciled and that adjustments are proposed in a timely manner.
• Coordinates external and internal audit processes by scheduling, coordinating work paper preparation, meeting with auditors and coordinating responses to inquiries for information.
5 years experience in public or operational accounting- Required
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), operational accounting procedures and a basic understanding of non-profit accounting.
• Ability to use a computerized accounting system, word processing, spreadsheets, communicate effectively verbally and in writing with subordinates, executive level management and outside auditors.
• Also requires tactical planning skills, attention to detail, time management skills and conflict resolution skills.
Bachelor's Degree- accounting, finance or business
Clearpoint is a staffing agency for jobs in information technology, marketing, creative, and other professionals. We do business by building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our employees and clients.