Top 10 Must Haves for Corporate Video
Published: November 15, 2013 Author: Clearpoint
Tags: Manager's Corner
By Rebecca Castillo
Recently Clearpoint Creative held a symposium for In-House Creative and Marketing departments to discuss corporate video production. The types of videos that corporate marketing departments are currently producing range from HSE program roll-outs to corporate strategy and branding and more.
Is your corporation using video for communications or marketing? We've compiled a list of "Top 10" must haves for corporate video.
- Begin with a clear story/script or "skeleton" on which to hang your imagery and creative development.
- Surround yourself with a tight group of decision makers on Company side to facilitate timely completion.
- Think about: Target Audience, Corporate Brand, Consistency of Visual Messaging and stay focused on your creative concept and script development.
- Ensure that videographer has the creative bandwidth to produce your video. Review the portfolio of videographer's work ahead of time to ensure that creative assets are up-to-date. If work is not current within the last two years, that is a big red flag.
- Prepare a video brief that describes background, objectives, messaging and timeline for internal stakeholders - HSSE, Legal, etc. - to review and approve/sign-off.
- Create a pre-production shoot book for the actual shoot's day of events with key contacts information, timeline for crew, actors, and production staff.
- Consider renting the latest camera equipment and gear versus investing corporate budget dollars to purchase a camera. This will save budget dollars and ensure the best visual results (average rentals range between $5,000 - 10,000 for a decent camera).
- Plan to record audio in a sound studio whenever possible to ensure the best audio.
- Workflow suggestions: DropBox, Hightail, Email/Attachments this manages the email trail and compounds email chain letters.
- Keep tight control on color corrections and revisions that can drive the cost of your video beyond your original budget.
Clearpoint represents scriptwriters, film and video producers, Directors, DP Directors of Photography, video editors, animators and motion graphic experts who are available for consulting, project work, or permanent hire. Contact us today to schedule a discussion with one of our video experts to help on your next corporate video project, or to augment your internal team.